Hey everyone. Just a quick CTIA follow-up. Rather than a blow-by-blow or other less than exciting method of telling you about it, I’ll give you the CNN news-blurb version including the most interesting things I saw (or didn’t see as the case may be!)
- Handango was present with a nice booth. Got to spend some time with them.
- Motricity had a HUGE MTV2 party (2000 people) at Hardrock with focus on downloadable media/entertainment.
- Handmark had a nice presence as well and I got to talk to them.
- Palm had a big booth with lots of people showing off their phones.
- There was ONE Palm OS device on the entire show room floor (which was huge.) (The Treo 680).
- Motorola had a big booth but dedicated as much time to music players, bluetooth headphones, and other electronics as to mobile devices.
- The UMPC had equal positioning at the Microsoft booth as all other devices. The newest tiny UMPCs are REALLY nice.
- Every Kiosk at the Microsoft booth including Windows Mobile devices.
- Saw the new HP WM 6.0 Smartphone (Standard) device. Very nice.
- HTC was at the MS booth as well.
- Saw more Windows Mobile devices in the hands of attendees than ever before although I still saw 2 Franklin Planners.
- Most people I met didn’t know what my UMPC was but as soon as they saw it they had to ask about it and closed with “Oh my god, I WANT one of those.”
- Plenty of Symbian devices being displayed. Some Blackberry devices as well but a smaller presence than I’d expected.
So there you have! Marc Tassin’s “in-a-nutshell” review of the CTIA Wireless show. A great show though and lots to think about!