We’re happy to announce that by popular demand, we’ve developed and released a full version of eWallet® for the Android platform. In April 2010 we released the eWallet Viewer for Android which let people read, but not change, their eWallet data directly on their Android phone. You’ve made it clear you want to edit as well without using a PC so as of today, we’re replacing the Viewer with this new editable version.
Some of the features (in addition to editing), include:
- Secure storage for passwords, usernames, PINs
- Strong 256-bit AES encryption
- Secure storage for bank and credit card info
- Time-out locks to keep your info safe
- Live URLs that launch the websites you know, without the dangers of phishing emails or typing errors taking you elsewhere
We hoped to make eWallet on Android completely free for existing Viewer users but apparently the Android Market doesn’t allow for a free app to later become a paid app. So, we decided to do the next best thing: for a limited time, the eWallet for Android will be available for 99 cents (in the U.S.).
A big thank you for all your support over these last fourteen years – and keep the feedback coming, we’re always happy to hear from you.
Update: January 3, 2012, the special pricing is now over; Android pricing is now similar to prices on our other mobile platforms.