As many of you know, Microsoft’s upcoming Windows 8 operating system will feature a new Metro style user interface as well as support a new category of Metro style apps.
You might wonder what this means for our eWallet® product. First, from what we can tell so far by looking at the Windows 8 Release Preview, our current eWallet 7.4 product should run just fine (it looks just like it does on Windows 7). Second, we’ve been working on a Metro version of eWallet that has the look and feel of a metro-style application.
eWallet for Metro will only run on Windows 8 so we’ll continue to support our existing eWallet for Windows product. You can see and install the free “preview” version eWallet for Metro in Microsoft’s Windows Store if you’re already running the Release Preview version of Windows 8. The preview version is certainly not full featured at this point, but it will give you an idea of where we’re going with the look of the product on this new platform. Check it out if you get a chance, and as always, keep the feedback coming!
We’re happy to report that eWallet® 7.3 is now available in Google Play (aka the Android Market). This release includes the ability for wireless synchronization between an Android device and eWallet on a Windows PC using a local WiFi network. The 7.3 release now supports tablet devices (typically running Android OS 3), Android 4 (Ice Cream Sandwich), as well as Android 2.1 – 2.6.
We still include USB sync for devices that have USB Mass Storage but it’s handy not to have to connect to your PC with a wire. Our Android beta group was very helpful in sorting out some issues with Sync Setup; they were really great to work with.
On a separate note, we heard from a few people with large wallets that search was a bit slow, so we sped that up as part of this release too.
We’re happy to report that eWallet® 7.3 is now available in the App Store for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. The main new feature in this release is the built-in support for iCloud. If you have a device running iOS 5, you can enable iCloud Sync, which not only backs up your wallet files to iCloud, but also makes it possible to seamlessly sync with another iOS device without having to go through a PC or Mac first. eWallet 7.3 for iOS requires at least iOS 4 and the iCloud support requires iOS 5. To get started, just press the cloud icon in eWallet and then turn on “Enable Cloud Sync”. We’ve heard from some customers that they don’t want their wallets stored in the cloud; that’s fine too, the new iCloud feature is completely optional.
We’ve been getting great ideas and feedback about other features people would like to see in eWallet — thank you and keep them coming!
Get all the info about eWallet here on our site.
Not too long ago when we released the 7.3 update for Windows PC, we promised a new Mac version as well. We’re happy to report that the new Mac version of eWallet® is now available in the Mac App Store. This new version has a ton of new features but I’ll outline the major ones here:
- Live search — search is always available now, so finding your cards is very fast
- Clipboard — Can now copy/paste encrypted cards both within and between wallets
- Category information — added to search results and recent cards list for better context
- Password generator — for building high quality passwords quickly and easily to your specifications
- Printing support — print your whole wallet or a selection
This upgrade is free for all users who already own a license of eWallet version 7 for the Mac. If you purchased a copy from Apple using their Mac App Store, then you’ll be able to use the Update feature in that store to get the new version. Get all the info about eWallet here on our site.
Microsoft has released major upgrade for Windows Phone 7 , code named “Mango” (7.5). The 7.5 release has a ton of new features; you can read more about them on the “What’s New” page. We wanted to build a new version of eWallet GO!® that that would take advantage of some of these new features and this week we released a new version (1.7) to the Marketplace. The major changes to the new version include:
- Search — you can now quickly search through all your cards for the information you are looking for
- Tiles — now you can pin your favorite cards to the start menu so eWallet GO! opens directly to those cards
- Fast application switching — allows users to switch quickly between eWallet GO! and other running applications
- Trial version — Microsoft has made it pretty darn easy to add a trial version in Marketplace so we threw that in too!
This upgrade is free for all users who already purchased a license for eWallet GO! in Marketplace (the upgrade requires Windows Phone 7.5). If you don’t already have the release, you can get it using the link below, or simply search for eWallet GO! on your Windows Phone 7 device.
Today we released eWallet® for Windows PC version 7.3 with a raft of features requested by our users. You are not shy about contacting us with feature requests and new ideas for eWallet, and we’re very grateful for that!
The new features include:
- Live search: search is always available now, so finding your cards is very fast
- Improved Flex View: this view has been updated with a cleaner, easier to read look
- Skype: now if you have Skype installed, you can click on a phone number/Skype ID in eWallet to make the call
- Printing: choose to print a selection (card or category), or print your entire wallet
- Recently Used List: by popular request, you can now remove a wallet name from eWallet’s “Recently Used Wallets” list
- CSV files are now an import option
- Several UI improvements including Ribbon bar changes and a gloss effect on cards
- Many miscellaneous enhancements and bug fixes
This upgrade is free
for all users who already own a license of eWallet version 7 for the Windows PC. Get all the info about eWallet here on our site
And for Mac users, stay tuned. We’re working on eWallet for Mac 7.3 as well.
We’re happy to announce that by popular demand, we’ve developed and released a full version of eWallet® for the Android platform. In April 2010 we released the eWallet Viewer for Android which let people read, but not change, their eWallet data directly on their Android phone. You’ve made it clear you want to edit as well without using a PC so as of today, we’re replacing the Viewer with this new editable version.
Some of the features (in addition to editing), include:
- Secure storage for passwords, usernames, PINs
- Strong 256-bit AES encryption
- Secure storage for bank and credit card info
- Time-out locks to keep your info safe
- Live URLs that launch the websites you know, without the dangers of phishing emails or typing errors taking you elsewhere
We hoped to make eWallet on Android completely free for existing Viewer users but apparently the Android Market doesn’t allow for a free app to later become a paid app. So, we decided to do the next best thing: for a limited time, the eWallet for Android will be available for 99 cents (in the U.S.).
A big thank you for all your support over these last fourteen years – and keep the feedback coming, we’re always happy to hear from you.
Update: January 3, 2012, the special pricing is now over; Android pricing is now similar to prices on our other mobile platforms.
Hey everyone! We just wanted to send out a quick announcement to let you know that our latest eWallet update was approved the other day by Apple.
This update includes some new features that we’re pretty excited about, added by popular request:
- Shortcuts to cards are now available on iOS so you can have the same card in multiple categories
- Search is now available at the top of category and card lists making it much easier to find a card
You’ll find this eWallet update in the iTunes App Store. If you already own eWallet for your iPhone, it’s a free update. If you don’t own eWallet yet, what are you waiting for? Get it today!
Happy Monday, everyone! Our big eWallet GO!™ back-to-school sale officially ended over the weekend, and we wanted to take a moment to thank you for making it such a huge success! We’re thrilled to read all the great reviews and hear from all our happy new customers.
Missed the sale? No worries! eWallet GO! is only $4.99 now at it’s regular price, and we think you’ll find it’s a really great value for all protection you get in a super-simple-to-use app. We’ve got you covered on lots of different platforms; visit our eWallet GO! page to find out how to buy it today.
We had such an incredible response to our eWallet GO!™ Back to School sale that we decided to extend it! For the next five days, you can get eWallet GO! on any platform for just 99 cents.
Follow the links below to get eWallet GO! for just 99 cents!
Thanks again to everyone that purchased eWallet GO! and a special thank you to everyone who reviewed it. We really appreciate your support, and we want to thank you for helping to make eWallet GO! the best-selling secure information management app in the iTunes App Store!