We are very pleased to announce that eWallet® 8.5 for Windows PC (desktop) is now available. Before discussing the changes in the release I want to first thank everyone who took the time to write us with suggestions, tested pre-release versions, discussed different ideas, or all of the above! Over the last 22 years we’ve been lucky enough to support some very loyal and passionate users and we’re very thankful for that. As usual, most of the features in 8.5 were based on user requests.
Now on to the changes for this release:
- Now uses Microsoft’s .NET Framework 4.7 which includes improved networking support (including TLS 1.2), improved support for high DPI monitors, performance and reliability improvements
- Improved support for large notes, both in Flex View and Edit View
- The card editor now offers a list of your most frequently used usernames for easier entry when creating new cards
- Resolves an AutoPass timing issue introduced by newer versions of Firefox
- Added AutoPass support for Firefox Extended Support Release (ESR)
- Dropbox login page now done via the default browser for better compatibility
- Includes an updated Dropbox library used by SyncPro®
- Skype detection now looks for skype: scheme rather than an installed program
- Added support for printing a selection including subcategories
- Now provide guidance when Windows 10 Controlled folder access is turned on
- Added configuration settings requested by business users
- Updated Installer with additional high DPI support
- Installer offers to install .NET 4.7.2 if .NET 4.7 or later not found
- Several other miscellaneous fixes and enhancements
Switching to the latest Microsoft .NET framework provides a whole host of benefits, not the least of which is better networking support. The runtime engine for the framework is already included in newer versions of Windows 10 (since “Creators Update”) and is available via Windows Update on Windows 7, 8.1 and 10. If it’s not already on your PC though, eWallet’s installer will offer to download it for you.
We have quite a few users who keep really large notes in their cards and the previous cell editor just wasn’t handling large amounts of text in a robust manner. The Notes field now gets its own control which should be easier to use with large amounts of text as well as perform a lot better when scrolling.
As you can see from the list, there’s a ton of other features and fixes that went into the release as well; if you have any questions about any of them or suggestions for future changes, please contact us!
eWallet 8.5 for Windows PC (desktop) runs on Windows 10 PCs and tablets as a desktop app, Windows 8.1 in Desktop mode, and all versions of Windows 7 (sp1+). This update is free for all users who already own a license of eWallet for Windows PC (desktop), version 7 or higher; you can download or upgrade to the latest Windows PC version from our site (you do not need new registration codes). If you have version 7.5 or later with automatic updates turned on, you’ll get prompted to update to the latest version (you can press “Check for Updates” in the About screen too). Get all the info about eWallet for Windows PC (desktop), including access to a 30-day trial version, here on our site.