Hey everyone! I just wanted to let everyone know that as of today, everything for eWallet 6.1.2 with complete iPhone Synchronization is on it’s way! Apple has the software, the desktop portion is locked and loaded, and all preparations are complete! We expect it to go live sometime next week!
Full details after the break, and as a warning, there are quite a few screenshots in case you’re running wireless…
First off, here are some answers to questions we’ve heard a lot:
- The iPhone store should notify you in the “Updates” section when the iPhone version goes live.
- We will email anyone who has registered their software with us when the product is officially out.
- Yes, you will need the Windows PC desktop version to synchronize.
- If you have eWallet 6.0 or 6.1, you can get the upgrade to 6.1.2 at no charge. Either download the desktop version again when we make the big announcement, or wait for the email from us which will include your download info.
- If you don’t own the desktop portion, or you aren’t eligible for a free upgrade, you will be able to purchase the desktop piece at the discounted price of $9.95. Details on how to get this price will be coming.
- Yes, we’re releasing a full help document that will cover basic iPhone functions as well as how to synchronize.
- When you upgrade, any wallets you’ve created or cards you’ve built will remain intact. The upgrade doesn’t overwrite existing data.
- If you already made a wallet on your device, you will be able to sync it up to the desktop.
- If you’re already synching with a different device, you can sync with your iPhone as well using the same desktop version.
Now for some sync details. I won’t say a lot here because once the application is released I think you’ll find that it does an excellent job of walking you through the process. In fact, that is one of the things that we are quite pleased with. We really feel that we’ve done a good job of combining security with ease of use. Oh course we’ll let you folks give us the final verdict on that!
That said, I’d just like to share a couple of screenshots. First is the revamped “Add Devices” dialog on the desktop. This is something that should benefit everyone, not just iPhone users. It makes it easier than ever to add new sync locations. (As many of you know eWallet does more than sync with your iPhone – sync with remote locations like FTP sites, USB drives, other computers on a network, and more!)
Not only does it make it easy to add new devices, but when you mouse over a button it offers a detailed description making it easy to know which device to choose.
Next up are a some sample shots from the iPhone. What we’ve tried to do is keep the process simple, but still include clear instructions that will walk you through the process. One of the things that I really like is that if you need the steps you can walk through them, but if you already know what you are doing you can skip the whole thing. Just hit sync on the device, sync on the desktop, and go.
So these are just a few examples of how we’re handling sync. Now one thing some folks might notice is that when you first start synching there are a couple of steps you have to follow. First, they’re pretty darn simple and we walk you through it. Second, doing this makes it extremely easy to sync securely going forward. Finally, we noticed that some applications weren’t working very hard to ensure that you were always communicating with the correct computer. We wanted to make sure that the devices had a way identify one another BUT we wanted to do it behind the scenes where you don’t have to mess with it every time you sync!
So there you have it! The app is on its way and hopefully by this time next week we’ll all be talking about how great it is to have your wallets on your iPhone!
So thank you all for your patience and all the fantastic feedback. We know it’s been frustrating at times. It’s been great to hear from everyone, though, and in the meantime, please don’t burn down the castle! Sync Is On Its Way!