eWallet® 8.6 for iOS* (iPhone, iPad and iPod touch) is now in the App Store. The update adds several user-requested features regarding customizing cards.
What’s New in this version
- Added new Standard card style setting on cards to improve how card background images look when used in eWallet on multiple platforms
- You can now import pictures directly from Files (in addition to the Camera and Photo Library) when adding card backgrounds or picture cards
- eWallet now uses a monospaced, serifed font for hidden fields to better distinguish certain characters
- Sensitive information copied to the clipboard is now cleared after a user configurable period of time (iOS 10+)
- Improved support for camera permission
- Built-in password generator will now create random passwords up to 100 characters
- Other miscellaneous fixes and enhancements
eWallet makes it easy to add information to its cards and it is only a couple of taps or clicks to change the card background color and icon on the card. Some people go a step further and add custom backgrounds to the card, either as a logo, a way to differentiate the card, or an actual photo of a real card. One of the things that’s traditionally been a bit tricky about backgrounds has been getting them to look the same across eWallet platforms where the screen sizes can be significantly different.
eWallet 8.6 makes this easier with the new Standard card type that scales the background proportionally across device types. For images larger than the card, you can decide if you want the image to scale to fill the card or rather to fit within the card. Along with the background image updates, eWallet also improves handling changing camera permissions and can now also get images from Files directly.
Another widely requested feature was to use a font for passwords and other hidden fields that could help distinguish characters that can look alike in other fonts — for example, capital i and lower case L. With eWallet’s AutoPass feature and built-in AutoFill support you often don’t even need to see the password, but in cases where you do, reading the characters should be much easier. Speaking of passwords, eWallet’s built-in password generator can now create random passwords up to 100 characters in length.
As always, if you have any questions about these updates, or have other suggestions, please do contact us!
eWallet 8.6 for iOS runs on iOS 9 and up, including iOS 14 and iPadOS 14. eWallet is optimized for iPad Air and iPad Pro, iPhone 5, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, SE, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max. The latest version is available via the on-device App Store. Get all the info about eWallet for iOS here on our site.
eWallet is a registered trademark of Ilium Software, Inc.