We’re very pleased to announce that eWallet® 8.4 for Android OS is now available in the Google Play and Amazon app stores. The new release includes support for Dark theme, also referred to as Dark mode or Night mode. A dark theme has battery power usage and visibility benefits but on top of that it just looks great!
Many other features are included in the 8.4 release as well, including:
- Full 64-bit support to get the best performance on all processors
- Enhanced fingerprint access to better handle manufacturer differences
- A brand new Intro for new users to quickly get acquainted with eWallet on Android
- Added What’s New in-app notification to provide information on changes that might not be seen with auto updates turned on
- Switched to App Bundle on Google Play for smaller app size, delivering only the resources appropriate for the device
- Launch icons are now in new adaptive icon format to provide the best size and format across all types of Android devices
- Edit mode now offers list of usernames for quicker entry of new information
- Search list now includes category names to give better context in results
- Default password length now 14
- Updated Dropbox library for cloud sync
- And several other things too — but that’s enough for one post!
We again had an excellent group of beta testers for the 8.4 release and got very helpful feedback from them, especially in the area of Dark theme support. If you’re interested in participating in a future beta, or have any questions or comments about the release, please contact us!
eWallet 8.4 for Android runs on Android OS 5.0 to 9.x including both phones and tablets. This upgrade is free for all users who already own a license of eWallet version 7 or 8 for Android. If you purchased a copy from Google Play or Amazon using their app stores, then you’ll be able to use the Update feature in the respective store to get the new version. Get all the info about eWallet here on our site.